It has long been known that herbs and natural remedies are used to help calm the mind, ease nerves and promote relaxation. Bring in a new level of restoration in 2023 by incorporating these wonder herbs into your meals, snacks and teas.
1. Chamomile – This herb has long been used as a calming agent. Chamomile helps relieve anxiety and tension, encourages relaxation, and helps improve sleep quality. It can be taken in tea form or as capsules, tinctures, or extracts.
2. Lavender – Lavender is known for its soothing scent and calming effects on the body and mind. Inhaling lavender essential oil has been found to decrease heart rate and cortisol levels (the primary hormone involved in stress). Lavender tea is also beneficial for reducing stress levels in the body.
3. Ashwagandha – an adaptogenic herb that helps the body better respond to physical or emotional stress in positive ways by regulating hormones like cortisol and adrenaline. It can be taken as a supplement or in powdered form mixed with water or juice to create a drinkable liquid extract.
4. Ginseng – Ginseng is another adaptogenic herb that helps increase energy levels while reducing stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline in the body. Studies have shown that it can help improve mental clarity, focus, memory, and mental performance overall when taken regularly over time.
5. Valerian Root – this natural herb has been used for centuries as an herbal remedy for insomnia and anxiety due to its sedative effects on the nervous system. It is believed to work by increasing levels of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) in the brain, which helps regulate nerve cells, promote restful sleep and reduce feelings of anxiety and panic attacks associated with stress. Valerian root is available in many forms including teas, tinctures, capsules, tablets, and liquid extracts.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by life’s daily stresses, try adding some of these herbs into your daily routine! Many of them have been scientifically proven to reduce stress hormones like cortisol, while promoting relaxation throughout the body. You can feel more at ease during stressful times in a natural way. Whether it’s chamomile tea after dinner or lavender oil on your pillow before bedtime, these natural remedies will give your mood an extra lift when you need it most!
By Sarah Panther